International Healthcare Management
Mode of Study
Healthcare is a subject that affects everyone from all over the world, and this programme gives you a chance to delve into the management of this complex and vital field.
During this online MSc International Healthcare Management course you will look into healthcare management issues facing managers today. You’ll learn how to make decisions and implement change based on those issues, as well as issues you are facing in your own healthcare environment.
Throughout this course, you’ll explore a broad range of topics including:
Completing this course will help you:
You’ll also have the opportunity to develop a focused piece of independent research into a global healthcare management issue that is of personal interest to you. If you are looking for a course which will make a real change within your healthcare environment, then this course is perfect for you.
Why we’re great
- Our courses are taught by subject experts and industry leaders, so you can be confident that you are learning from professionals who are well versed in their field.
- You’ll be able to choose optional modules to tailor your learning to your future career aspirations.
- You’ll be assessed through a combination of written coursework and an individual dissertation.
The MSc International Healthcare Management is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 180 credits at Level 7.
Level 7 Modules:
- Health Economics (20 credits)
- Financial Decision Making (20 credits)
- Strategic Management in Healthcare (20 credits)
- Healthcare Leadership in Practice (20 credits)
- Healthcare Management: Principle and Practices (20 credits)
- Research Methods (20 credits)*
- Healthcare Management Dissertation (40 credits)*
- One optional module:
- Social Marketing (20 credits)
- Healthcare Improvement (20 credits)
- Social, Political and Ethical Issues in Healthcare (20 credits)
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award.
Studying online gives you the freedom to study when and where it suits you – at home, during your lunch hour or anywhere else you have internet access.
Our courses are delivered through a virtual learning environment (VLE) instead of a traditional campus. This means you will have access to your study materials 24/7, including:
- multimedia lecture casts made up of written content, short videos, animation, audio recordings, infographics, short tests and mini-assignments
- discussion forums for you to chat about the course content with fellow students
- live Q&A sessions with your tutors
- a comprehensive eLibrary of textbooks and academic journals
- support from academic staff and your dedicated Student Support team
To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, we cap our class sizes at 20 students.
Rather than fretting about exams, you will be assessed exclusively through assignments. This can be by engaging in discussion forums throughout your modules, completing reflective journal entries, or by submitting longer written pieces.
We are committed to providing frequent and transparent feedback through the following ways:
- Our assessment criteria are designed to be simple and transparent.
- You will always be aware of your current provisional grade, right from the start of the programme.
- You will be able to view your marks clearly in your gradebook whenever you log onto the learning platform.
- There is a 7-day turnaround for marking and feedback of assessed work.
- You will have regular contact with your Student Support team, with whom you can discuss any concerns as soon as they arise.
Our BA (Hons) Business and Management has an indicative study duration of 4 years, which is a guide to how long your course will take to complete. The actual duration may be longer or shorter depending on your speed of study, study options chosen and module availability.
It’s possible to complete your studies faster than the indicative course duration by doubling up on modules at certain times; however, minimum study durations do apply.
Our academic year is organised into modules, typically with a one- or two-week break between modules and a structured three-week break for the Christmas period. Students will receive a course timetable during the application process.
All of our courses have regular start dates throughout the year.
On successful completion of your degree, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
Studying your online MSc International Healthcare Management can lead to a career in hospital or healthcare management in a variety of public and private organisations around the world.
You may also want to look at careers in related fields such as public and community health management, medical sales or third sector organisations, outpatient care and public health, support service executives and many more roles in business and health.
We know that many people from non-traditional backgrounds would succeed on our courses! That’s why we offer two different entry routes, taking into account your prior work experience and relevant qualifications. You will also need to meet our English language requirements.
Additionally, you will need to pass your first assignment set within your two-week induction period of the course in order to continue with your studies.
In order to satisfy the academic entry route requirements for our MSc International Healthcare Management, you must have the following qualifications as a minimum:
- an undergraduate degree from an approved institution, equivalent to a UK Honours degree, or a relevant professional qualification
In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our MSc International Healthcare Management, you must meet the following criteria:
- at least 3 years’ experience in a relevant field, supported by appropriate references.
As our courses are delivered in English, a high proficiency with English is required. If English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5.
Don’t worry if you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification – we offer a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Are You Ready To Start?
Fees and Funding
Full tuition fee: £11,222
Please note that a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships here.
Our course fees are fully inclusive – all teaching materials and required reading are included, and there are no hidden charges for assessments or resits. We also charge the same fee for domestic and international students.
Fees, subject-specific funding and links to fees and funding pages.
We want to give everyone the opportunity to experience a University of Essex Online course. We think you’ll love it! But if, within the first 21 days, you decide it’s not for you, you’ll receive a full refund.
Δ All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
Our Expert Staff
Our Expert Staff
Still have queries ?
Please fill in the form and an expert from the admissions office will call you soon.