International Human Resource Management
As Human Resource Management becomes an increasingly globalised discipline, it requires people who can continually learn and adapt professional and organisational knowledge to new needs and contexts.
Mode of Study
About the Programme
This programme is designed to equip managers, HR professionals and those seeking a career in HR with the intellectual learning and professional skills needed to make an outstanding contribution in an organisation. Organisations of all sizes, whether global or local, increasingly need to be able to operate in an international and globalised environment. The programme considers the international dimension and implications of HRM practices and their impact on business functions, including the complexities of managing people across multiple countries, legislative frameworks and cultures.
The curriculum blends core HRM skills such as managing performance, learning and development and managing change and conflict, with core business skills. These have been tailored specifically to meet the needs of professionals in this area, including leadership, data and financial management, business ethics and sustainability.
You will graduate not just as an HRM practitioner but as an HRM champion, able to engage with, inspire and lead organisational colleagues, divisions, and disciplines at all levels. You will possess enhanced skills and knowledge capable of strategically influencing your organisation through people development.
What is international human resource management?
The most crucial element of any business is the people who work there. Recruiting and keeping the best talent in your industry is key to building out your company, giving you a workforce that is just as passionate about the success of the business as those at the executive level. To do that, modern companies need dedicated international human resource management teams that have the necessary abilities to empower employees and employers.
With remote working rapidly becoming a desirable solution across a number of industries, never has the global environment and global context been more important. International human resource management is all about opening up positions to an international audience, and that starts with a proven HRM team with the requisite training and education.
- Strategic Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Becoming a Leader (15 credits)
- Ethical and Sustainable Business Practice (15 credits)
- Finance and Data Analysis for Managers (15 credits)
- Strategic Learning, Training and Development (15 credits)
- Managing Change and Conflict (15 credits)
- People and Performance Management (15 credits)
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Dissertation (60 credits)
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in an appropriate subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- MSc: £18,000 All applicants during the 2021/22 academic year will receive a 15% Executive Scholarship, reducing the total fees to: MSc: £15,300 These fees* are fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- An up-to-date CV.
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni
- 5% discount for up-front full tuition fee payment
As a programme graduate you will be able to advance an existing career in Human Resource Management, move into a HRM role, or enhance a managerial career. You will also be well placed to pursue specialist career paths in areas such as learning and development, conflict resolution or recruitment. This could include positions on a worldwide scale for organisations such as multinationals, government bodies and major international retailers.
You will have developed your professional capabilities as a whole, understanding the role of HRM within an organisation and within a global context, and with knowledge of core business practices. You will be equipped not only with knowledge and skills, but practical judgement, critical self-awareness and the ability to reflect on and learn from experience, making you highly desirable in a competitive global market.
Are You Ready To Start?
Still have queries ?
Please fill in the form and an expert from the admissions office will call you soon.