Sports Business and Management
This postgraduate business degree will develop your management skills while simultaneously building your confidence to work effectively within the global business of sport.
Mode of Study
11 Jan 2022
About the Programme
Developed by leading academics in the University of Liverpool’s AACSB, AMBA and EQUIS accredited Management School, this programme will cultivate the attributes needed to progress in your management career, grow your own sports business or thrive within an existing role. You will improve your ability to critically analyse sports organisations’ policies and practices within the dynamic sports business environment, empowering you to make evidence-based decisions. The modules will encourage you to develop as a reflective leader who can make a key contribution to enabling sustainable sports organisations.
You will gather insight from the University of Liverpool’s network of experts experienced in working with international, national and community sports organisations, including football, horse racing and rugby, to address the global issues of health and wellbeing.
The programme culminates in either: a final work-based project or dissertation which will enable you to integrate and apply the learning from the programme to explore an issue within your own organisation or the sports business environment. Alternatively, you can complete a research assignment into an aspect of the future of the sports management industry, featuring both team-based and individual projects.
What is Sports and Business Management?
Whatever sport you follow, sports and business have become intrinsically intertwined, with the biggest sporting institutions tailoring their approach to the game through commercial, corporate and retail perspectives. The role business management plays in every kind of sport has never been bigger.
For those looking to carve out a career in the sporting world, whether as an agent, an analyst, a marketing manager or any other position, an in-depth understanding of sport management is crucial. Sports and business management jobs can be rewarding, challenging and fulfilling, and with the right education, they can be so much more.
- Global Context of Sports Business (15 credits)
- Sports Marketing and Sponsorship (15 credits)
- Leadership in Sport (15 credits)
- Sports Strategy and Governance (15 credits)
- Sports Business Analytics (15 credits)
- Sports Finance (15 credits)
- Sports Operations and Events (15 credits)
- Sports Business in Practice (15 credits)
- Work-Based Project / Futures Research for Sports Industries (60 credits)
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in an appropriate subject, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree; or
- Professional work experience in a related field and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- MSc: £18,000 All applicants during the 2021/22 academic year will receive a 15% Executive Scholarship, reducing the total fees to: MSc: £15,300 These fees* are fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- An up-to-date CV.
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni
- 5% discount for up-front full tuition fee payment
After completing this programme, you will be able to progress into management roles within the sports business sector. On the programme, you will learn from experts from sporting backgrounds giving you the opportunity to enhance your employability within the global sports business sector.
Alongside the subject-specific knowledge you will gain during the programme, you will also develop professional skills such as communication, teamwork, critical thinking and research. This will enhance your CV, allowing you to improve your career prospects and access more senior roles.
Are You Ready To Start?
Still have queries ?
Please fill in the form and an expert from the admissions office will call you soon.