Business and Management (Top-up)
Mode of Study
If you have previously completed a Foundation degree or equivalent and are looking for a way to complete your Bachelors while gaining up-to-date insights into the business world, this cutting-edge course will bring you up to speed with the latest innovations in business and management.
This is a field that is always changing and adapting, as business leaders need to continually stay ahead of the curve and at the forefront of innovation. Our long track record of providing high quality teaching means we can help you achieve a degree-level qualification with a range of focused and fascinating topics, including:
Completing this course will help you:
You will also have the opportunity to plan, research and present a project on the topic of your choice within the scope of the programme, as well as providing thoughtful commentary on the projects produced by your fellow classmates. This will contribute to the development of key interpersonal skills such as communication and evaluation techniques that will be advantageous in any organisational setting.
Why we’re great
- As one of the longest running online higher education providers we have a track record of success and improvement.
- Our assessment processes are designed for online and mature students to reflect real-life situations and issues.
- We received an outstanding student satisfaction rating of 95% – higher than all mainstream UK universities (NSS 2021).
The Bachelors degree in business and management (Top-up) is made up of the following modules and, upon completion, is equal to a total of 120 credits.
Level 6 Modules:
- Global Business Environment (15 credits)
- Business Strategy (15 credits)*
- Strategic Human Resource Management (15 credits)
- Business Law (15 credits)
- International Marketing Strategy (15 credits)
- Business Finance (15 credits)
- Advanced Business Project (30 credits)*
* These modules are core and must be passed in order to achieve the award
Studying online gives you the freedom to study when and where it suits you – at home, during your lunch hour or anywhere else you have internet access.
Our courses are delivered through a virtual learning environment (VLE) instead of a traditional campus. This means you will have access to your study materials 24/7, including:
- multimedia lecture casts made up of written content, short videos, animation, audio recordings, infographics, short tests and mini-assignments
- discussion forums for you to chat about the course content with fellow students
- live Q&A sessions with your tutors
- a comprehensive eLibrary of textbooks and academic journals
- support from academic staff and your dedicated Student Support team
To ensure you receive the support you need from your tutor, we cap our class sizes at 20 students.
Rather than fretting about exams, you will be assessed exclusively through assignments. This can be by engaging in discussion forums throughout your modules, completing reflective journal entries, or by submitting longer written pieces. We are committed to providing frequent and transparent feedback through the following ways:
- Our assessment criteria are designed to be simple and transparent.
- You will always be aware of your current provisional grade, right from the start of the programme.
- You will be able to view your marks clearly in your gradebook whenever you log onto the learning platform.
- There is a 7-day turnaround for marking and feedback of assessed work.
- You will have regular contact with your Student Support team, with whom you can discuss any concerns as soon as they arise.
Our BA (Hons) Business and Management (Top-up) has an indicative study duration of 16 months, which is a guide to how long your course will take to complete. The actual duration may be longer or shorter depending on your speed of study, study options chosen and module availability.
It’s possible to complete your studies faster than the indicative course duration by doubling up on modules at certain times; however, minimum study durations do apply.
Our academic year is organised into modules, typically with a one- or two-week break between modules and a structured three-week break for the Christmas period. Students will receive a course timetable during the application process.
All of our courses have regular start dates throughout the year.
On successful completion of your degree, you will be invited to attend a graduation ceremony at the University of Essex, Colchester Campus.
Business skills are incredibly transferable to virtually any field, and roles within a management context will definitely benefit from your new commercial knowledge. Positions in finance, consultancy, project management, advertising and marketing are also likely to be well-suited for our graduates.
As our courses are delivered in English, a high proficiency with English is required. If English is not your first language, your English ability should be equivalent to an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.0. Don’t worry if you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification – we offer a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
You don’t need to prove your English ability if you are a national of, or have completed a qualification equivalent to a UK degree in, any of these countries.
Are You Ready To Start?
Fees and Funding
Full tuition fee: £6,167
Monthly tuition fee: £385
Designated for undergraduate student loans in England.
Simple monthly payment plan available, enabling you to spread the cost over the duration of your studies.
Full payment discount of 10% of the tuition fee if you pay upfront.
Partial scholarship available for international students residing in specific regions outside of the UK.
Please note that a maximum of two discounts or scholarships can be applied. Find out more information about our discounts and scholarships here.
Our course fees are fully inclusive – all teaching materials and required reading are included, and there are no hidden charges for assessments or resits. We also charge the same fee for domestic and international students.
Δ All tuition fees shown are net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
Our Expert Staff
Our Expert Staff
Still have queries ?
Please fill in the form and an expert from the admissions office will call you soon.