Advance your healthcare management career by equipping yourself with the key tools to drive innovation within healthcare across the world.
Mode of Study
11 Jan 2022
About the Programme
This master’s degree will advance your leadership skills, knowledge and behaviour – understanding the interface between these is key to your success as a healthcare professional seeking to contribute to the improvement of patient care and healthcare systems.
You will develop the ability to make effective decisions using a pragmatic and evidence-based approach and lead proactively, reflectively and with confidence. You will also learn how to lead at individual, team, organisational and national levels; and establish robust, appropriate, and innovative leadership practices within the healthcare environment, from a small practice to larger clinical environments.
Through online discussion you will have collaborative learning opportunities to apply leadership theory to healthcare settings and critically analyse and discuss case studies with your fellow students. Due to the global reach of this programme, you will gain valuable insights and perspectives from international peers, in private and public sector healthcare settings across the world.
Upon completion of your studies, you will be equipped to provide impactful outcomes for your organisation by offering innovative and high-quality solutions to key contemporary issues within changing healthcare contexts.
What is Healthcare Leadership?
Within the medical and healthcare fields, a wide range of disciplines all come together to form a cohesive service that all works together to cure, research and treat diseases, as well as educating the public and improving healthcare provision on a national scale.
To ensure the smooth collaboration between all of these disciplines, health leaders manage parts of, or even entire medial organisations, facilitating better cohesion and making sure that patients are getting the best possible healthcare service.
Healthcare leadership jobs are some of the most important in the sector, and embarking on a healthcare leadership course, including those taught through distance learning, grants students the essential skills they need to become the medical leaders of tomorrow.
- Understanding Leadership (15 credits)‡
- Leading Strategic Management and Implementation of Healthcare Services (15 credits)
- Leading Complex Change in Healthcare Settings (15 credits)‡
- Leading People and Teams in Healthcare Organisations (15 credits)
- Leading Innovation in Healthcare (15 credits)
- Quality Management and Safety in Driving Safe Healthcare (15 credits)§
- Healthcare Finance (15 credits)§
- Research Methods (15 credits)
- Work-Based Project OR Dissertation (60 credits)
- A minimum of a 2:1 class degree in a relevant subject area, equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, coupled with two years’ relevant professional experience in healthcare related setting; or
- Professional work experience in other settings and/or other prior qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- MSc: £18,000 All applicants during the 2021/22 academic year will receive a 15% Executive Scholarship, reducing the total fees to: MSc: £15,300 These fees* are fully inclusive of all costs, including all teaching materials, core textbooks, assessments and resits.
- School or college transcripts/certificates
- University transcripts and certified translations if applicable
- Degree certificates
- Evidence of English language proficiency (EU and international applications only)
- Personal statement
- An up-to-date CV
- Regional Scholarships of up to 15%. To find out the scholarship offered in your region, please make an enquiry now.
- 10% discount for University of Liverpool alumni
- 5% discount for up-front full tuition fee payment
Are You Ready To Start?
Still have queries ?
Please fill in the form and an expert from the admissions office will call you soon.